Welcome to Zoulah's Bewitchen Kitchen where she is baking and cooking up a storm of Halloween treats at her Second Annual Halloween Bash!
Zoulah found that the Red Couch Children gobbled these little ham and cheese pops down. Some liked them hot out of the oven, others liked them cold. Being the wonderful witch that she is Zoulah will make these again for the lunches of the Red Couch Children.
To make it simple, Zoulah used prepared pie crust. She made some as pops and some as hand pies.
These litte jack-O-Lanterns are ready for the oven.
Ham and Cheese Jack-O-Lantern Recipe and Instructions
Yield: About 8 -- depending on cookie cutter size
1 box of prepared pie dough (contains 2 rounds)
1 package of sliced ham
1 package of sliced cheese
1 egg white
1. Using a cookie cutter, cut pie crusts into pumpkin shapes -- two for each pie pop.
2. Place ham and then cheese (shaped to the bottom pie crust) on the bottom pie crust.
3. Cut out Jack-O-Lantern face on the top crust and place it on top of the cheese and ham.
4. Insert popsicle stick and press firmly on the bottom of the pie to make sure it sticks.
5. Seal with a bit of water on the edges and if desired use a fork to press the edges together.
6. Brush the top of the Jack-O-Lantern with egg white -- avoiding the sections where there is cheese.
7. Bake in 350 oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
Zoulah thanks you from the top of her witchie hat to the bottom of her witchie shoes for dropping by her Bewitchen Kitchen at Red Couch Recipes today.