Monday, October 4, 2010

Zoulah's Halloween Home Tour


Have you met Beulah, Zoulah's twin sister over at Purple Chocolat Home?  Well, she is Beulah's older sister by 3.1 minutes!  They were born on Halloween many years ago.  Zoulah and Beulah got together today and baked and cooked up a storm.  They had so much fun preparing for their favorite season.   They hope you enjoy the home tour; they patterned their homes on their childhood homes.   You can find Beulah's home at Purple Chocolat home where she zoom broomed it, a 90 mile broom ride, to reach Zoulah's home so they could get together and do some Halloweening. 

Shelob the spider guards Zoulah's home.  


Talley, the youngest Red Coucher came home from school and helped decorate Zoulah's home.  She added the cotton candy ghost and many other touches.  Every Red Couch child was sad that they weren't there during the day (darn school) when Beulah was there.  There is an all-seeing eye that watches everything around Zoulah's home.


The candy roof is Zoulah's favorite part -- munch, munch when no one is looking...


That clever Beulah came up with the witch made out of a Pez dispenser...shhh!! Don't tell Skyler the oldest Red Couch child, he collects Pez dispensers.


Zoulah and Beulah put together their homes with melted sugar and used royal icing made with Just Whites and dyed the icing black.  The mold is from Williams-Sonoma.  It is no longer available, but you can check on the Internet for other molds.


Zoulah thanks you for coming to her home tour at Red Couch Recipes and invites you to check out Beulah's home.


One last peek!

17 comments:

Miss Merry said...

I just love all your Halloween ideas! I was clinking on different pictures at eighteen25 and all the fun ones belong to you. You are the coolest Halloween girl!

Lynn said...

Just adorable, I'm so envious of you and Jacqueline, how fun to have a sis to *brew* things up with:@)

Sue said...

No wonder Zoulah and Beaulah love Halloween! This haunted house is as cute(I mean SCARY:))as can be! All of the details are just over the top! The roof is my favorite too, especially the pumpkin ridge! I also love the black side of the house:) You two are too much, and I love it!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

What a labor of sinister, er, sisterly love!So detailed! I love the roof. Just make sure there are not a pair of little german children wandering around that house! I just know the 2 witches are in!
Great post, full of creativity and fun!
Yvonne

Julie Harward said...

This is all so cute along with the previous post..cute stuff! :D

Pondside said...

That house is so cute!
We don't get a single Trick of Treat-er here in the woods - and the grandchildren are far away. Wouldn't they be excited by it all - especially the little witch by the door.

Jacqueline said...

Zoulah and Beaulah did a great job. Just love it and love all that Tally did. Glad she got to help a little. Our dinner got cancelled because of the rain, so I didn't even need to rush home on my (I mean Beaulah's) broomstick. Hope the cake was great. I can't leave the caramels alone, glad I didn't take a ton.

Brittany@Love Stitched said...

I am LOVING all your great Halloween recipe ideas! I would LOVE for you to enter my Halloween linky party and contest today!!! http://lovestitched.blogspot.com/2010/10/week-2-halloween-recipes-and-linky.html

MaryBerry Boutique said...

i LOVE YOUR BLOG! IM HERE FROM EIGHTEEN25'S LINK PARTY:) I HAVE TO SHOW THIS ADORABLE HAUNTED HOUSE OFF ON MY BLOG! ITS JUST TOOOO CUTE!

MARYBERRYBOUTIQUE.BLOGSPOT.COM

Lori@Paisley Passions said...

Now THAT is adorable! Another great link-up to Thrilling Thursdays @ Paisley Passions.

HoosierHomemade said...

That house is Awesome! And I love your story too! Thanks so much for sharing it on Blog Party!I'm featuring you on the Halloween Party that starts tomorrow! :-)
~Liz

MJ said...

This looks amazing! Well done you :) Visiting from TGC Monday!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! I may have to make one myself!

- Megan
www.polishthestars.com

Anonymous said...

I just featured your project! :)http://www.polishthestars.com/2010/10/more-link-party-features.html

the cape on the corner said...

love it! sooo great!

www.thecapeonthecorner.blogspot.com

leemeandthegirls said...

ADORABLE!!!

Holly Lefevre said...

Zoulah has a very fine home....just fabulous! We make spooky houses but I do not think they could even be Zoulah's gardening shed. This is beautiful.

Engageya